Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing – A Practical Guide by Dr. Vasant Lad
World-renowned Ayurveda expert Dr. Vasant Lad explains the basic terms and procedures that anyone interested in ancient knowledge should be familiar with – whether its purpose is simply to satisfy its curiosity or to turn Ayurveda and its prescriptions into a way of life.
The book is thematically divided into chapters, each presenting the idea of prevention as a key to maintaining good health.
Simple formulas are contained which, in addition to being easy to implement, are also fully applicable in everyday life, as long as one is ready to make the necessary changes in their habits and lifestyles in order to restore their health or maintain it in balance.
We recommend the book as an introduction to Ayurveda
It is suitable for anyone who wants to gain basic knowledge and prepare to embark on the path of Ayurveda – the science of health and longevity.
Practical Approach to Ayurveda Science
This book helps the reader understand how the body is structured, what diseases are and how we can get rid of them.
Author Acharya Balkrishna is extremely popular as an expert in Ayurveda; one of the founders of the famous Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia – Patanjali.
The guide explains lively and entertaining what is meant by Ayurvedic life, the basic concepts and terms are presented, but this time (unlike the first book recommended) in greater depth – it is therefore possible for the reader to take more effort and diligence. to be able to understand the different theoretical formulations without the help of a teacher.
Almost all Ayurvedic principles to be known or learned are covered, and a chapter on yoga and home remedies applicable in everyday life is included.
The book contains good explanations for many of the terms (in Sanskrit), and many illustrations contribute to easier information perception.
This is a really useful read for the advanced in Ayurveda.
A Clinical Diagnosis in Ayurveda (A Practical Book of Ayurvedic Diagnosis in the Light of Modern Medial Science) by M. Srinivasulu (in English)
This book gives an in-depth review of the Ayurvedic understanding of what a disease is, with the main focus on the diagnosis and study of the disease development process.
The content is divided into three sections.
The first section explains the cases in which different types of methods are used, such as Pandakriya Pariksa (review conducted with the help of five sensory organs), Ashtavidapariksha (review with eight factors), Dashavida Pariksa (review with ten factors).
The book is suitable for the advanced in learning and practicing Ayurveda.
List of Ayurvedic books:
- Practical Ayurveda. A Comprehensive Guide to Healthy Livingby Acharya Balkrishna
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing – A Practical Guideby Dr. Vasant Lad
- Ayurveda: A Home Care Guideby Dr. Vasant Lad
- Ayurvedic textbook. Basic principlesby Dr. Vasant Lad
- Ayurvedic self-healing cuisineby Usha Lad and Dr. Vasant Lad
- Ayurveda: the science of self-healing – a practical guideby Vasant Lad
- Ayurvedic Pulse Diagnosis – The Ancient Art of Ayurvedic Pulse Diagnosisby Dr. Vasant Lad
- Yoga and Ayurveda: a book on self-healing and self-realizationby David Froly
- Life in Balance – A Complete Guide to Ayurvedaby Maya Tivari
- Prakrut: Your Ayurvedic Constitutionby Robert Freedom
- Ayurvedic Cuisine – A Guide to Good Nutrition and Individual Healthby Amadea Morningstar and Urmila Desai
- Hormone Balance, Balance in Lifeby Dr. Claudia Welch
- Fundamentals of Ayurveda – What is Ayurveda and what it can do forby Shubra Krishan
- Yoga Therapy: A Guide to Therapeutic Use of Yoga and Ayurveda for Good Health and Physical FormatAG Mohan, Indra Mohan
- Perfect Healthby Deepak Chopra
- Ashtanga Hridayam– ancient text
- Samhita Shutras– ancient text
- Charaka Samhita– ancient text.
- SAMS (Samhita of Ayurvedic MedicalSpecialities) A bookon Ayurveda Clinical Practice (Set of 2 Vols)
- Ayurveda: The Science of SelfHealing – A Practical Guideby Vasant Lad
- A Practical Approach to the Science of Ayurveda: A Comprehensive Guide for Healthy Livingby AcharyaBalkrishna
- PracticalPrescriberFor Ayurveda Physicians by DR. AbrarMultani
- Clinical Diagnosis in Ayurveda (A Practical Book of Ayurvedic Diagnosis in The Light Of Modern Medial Science) by M. Srinivasulu
- Everyday Ayurveda : DailyHabitsThatCanChangeYour Life by Dr BhaswatiBhattacharya
- A-Z Ayurveda Practical Prescriber (Atreya's Guidelines for Ayurveda Practice Book 3) byVaidyaVasantPatil
- The Handbook of Ayurveda: India'sMedicalWisdomExplained by ShanthaGodagama
- Ayurvedic Treatments: Introduction to Practical Ayurveda by Mr. David Ray
- Ayurveda: A SimpleandConcise Practical Guide to SelfHealing by Adam Johnson
- KeraliyaPanchakarmaTherapies: A Practical Guide OnKeraliyaPanchakarma of Ayurved by VaidyaVasantPatil
- Complete Ayurveda Workbook: A practicalapproach to achievinghealthandwellbeing with ayurveda by Anna Selby
- Practical Ayurveda: FindOutWhoYouAreandWhatYouNeed to Bring Balance to Your Life by Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre
- AgelessBody, TimelessMind10thAnniversaryEdition: A Practical Alternative To GrowingOld by Dr DeepakChopra
- Ayurvedic PaleoDiet: The Practical PaleoDietRecommended in Ayurveda Classics for RapidWeightLossandOptimum Health (Volume 1)” by Advait
- Ayurveda Works: A Practical Guide to Self-Healingthrough Ayurveda andHerbs by DonOllsin
- MagicalBeginnings, EnchantedLives: A Holistic Guide to PregnancyandChildbirth by DeepakChopra M.D., DavidSimon M.D.
- Healthy Living ThroughDoshaHealing: Ayurveda by Dr Sonica Krishan
- Vishnu'sKitchen: A Practical Guide to Ayurvedic Cooking by Vishnu Dass
- AgelessBody with Ayurvedic Ritucharya: Practical andEasy to FollowSeasonal Ayurvedic Regimen (Swasthyavritta Book 1) by DrKanikaVerma
- The Everyday Ayurveda Cookbook: A Seasonal Guide to Eatingand Living Well by Kate O'Donnell
- Ayurveda LifestyleWisdom: A CompletePrescription to OptimizeYour Health, PreventDisease, andLive with VitalityandJoy (The Godmothers) by AcharyaShunya
- Ayurveda andMarmaTherapy: Energy Points in YogicHealing by Dr. DavidFrawley, Dr. SubhashRanade, Dr. AvinashLele
- Ayurveda and the Mind: The Healing of Consciousnes by David Frawley
- Ayurveda for Women: A Guide to Vitalityand Health by Dr. Robert E. Svoboda
- The Ayurveda Way: 108 Practicesfrom the World'sOldestHealing System for BetterSleep, LessStress, OptimalDigestion, andMore by AnantaRipaAjmera
- AbsoluteBeauty: RadiantSkinandInnerHarmonyThrough the AncientSecrets of Ayurveda by PratimaRaichur
- BodyThrive: UplevelYourBodyandYour Life with 10 Habitsfrom Ayurveda andYogaby Cate Stillman
- Ayurvedic Healing: A Comprehensive Guide by David Frawley
- The Path of Practice: A Woman's Book of Ayurvedic Healing by Bri Maya Tiwari
- MarmaPoints of Ayurveda: The Energy Pathways for HealingBody, Mind&Consciousness with a Comparison to TraditionalChineseMedicine by Vasant Lad, AnishaDurveMSOMDipl.Ac AP
- The Ayurveda Bible: GodsfieldBibles (SubjectBible) by Anne McIntyre
- Ayurveda ForDummies by Angela Hope-Murray
- HiddenSecret of Ayurveda by Robert E. Svoboda
- The Ayurveda EncyclopediaNaturalSecrets To Healing, Preven-TionAndLongevity (II RevisedEdition) by Swami Sada Shiva Tirth
- Ayurvedic Medicine: The Principles of TraditionalPractice by Sebastian Pole
- Women'sPower to Heal: ThroughInnerMedicine byMaya Tiwari
- Ayurveda: The onlyintroductionyou’lleverneed (Principles of) by Anne Green
- Ayurveda (Idiot'sGuides) by Sahara Rose Ketabi
- Ayurveda andPanchakarma: The Science of HealingandRejuvenation by Sunil V. Joshi
- Ayurveda Nature'sMedicine by DavidFrawley, SubhashRanade
- The Prime by KulreetChaudhary
- Everyday Ayurveda : DailyHabitsThatCanChangeYour Life by DrBhaswati Bhattacharya
- Yoga for yourType: An Ayurvedic Approach to YourAsanaPractice by DavidFrawley, Sandra Summerfield Kozak
- Llewellyn'sComplete Book of Ayurveda: A Comprehensive Resource for the Understanding&Practice of TraditionalIndianMedicine by Hans H. Rhyner