Ayurveda Books: A Guide for Beginners and Advanced
They serve for the training of Ayurvedic doctors and contain all the wisdom of Ayurveda collected in various sutras.
They can help you begin your journey into the world of Ayurveda and understand the principles of this system for health and longevity.
Ayurveda: The science of self-healing – a practical guide by Vasant Lad
In it, the author – Dr. Lad – tries to explain the basic terms and procedures in Ayurveda, as well as the idea of the preventive aspect of health.
The book gives simple formulas for maintaining health and although it is not disease and treatment oriented, it can help you change your lifestyle to maintain or balance your health.
A Practical Approach to the Science of Ayurveda: A Comprehensive Guide to Healthy Living by Acharya Balkrishna
It refers to the basic principles that explain the understanding of life according to Ayurveda. It covers the basics, but in greater depth and with more terminology.
The book contains a chapter on yoga and home remedies that can be used in daily life.
The illustrated layout makes the conceptual content easier to understand, although it is suitable for people who already have some prior knowledge of Ayurveda.
Clinical Diagnosis In Ayurveda (A practical book on Ayurvedic diagnosis in the light of modern medical science) by M. Srinivasulu
The content is divided into three sections:
• The first section explains the cases where different types of methods are used such as pansendriya pariksha (examination conducted with the help of five sense organs), astasthan pariksha (examination by eight factors), dashavidha pariksha (examination by ten factors).
• The second section is about systematic examinations of the body, ie. stotras pariksha.
• The third section deals with various methods of examination based on the theory of the three doshas and also includes prakruti pariksha.
This is good for those who wish to understand the disease process in the body.
List of Ayurveda Books for Beginners and Advanced
2. Practical Ayurveda by Atreya
3. Everyday Ayurveda: Daily Habits That Can Change Your Life in a Day by Dr. Bhaswati Bhattacharya
4. A-Z Ayurveda Practical Prescriber: (Atreya’s Guidelines for Ayurveda Practice) by Vaidya Vasant Patil
5. SAMS (Samhita of Ayurvedic Medical Specialties) Book of Clinical Practice in Ayurveda (2 Volume Set)
6. Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing: A Practical Guide to Ayurveda by Vasant Lad
7. The Handbook of Ayurveda: A Practical Guide to the Medical Wisdom of India by Shanta Godagama
8. Ayurvedic Treatments: Introduction to Practical Ayurveda by David Ray
9. Ayurveda: A Simple and Short Practical Guide to Self-Healing by Adam Johnson
10. Keraliya Panchakarma Therapies: A Practical Guide On Keraliya Panchakarma of Ayurveda by Vaidya Vasanth Patil
11. Complete Ayurveda Workbook: A practical approach to achieving health and well being with Ayurveda by Anna Selby
12. Practical Ayurveda by Sivananda Yoga Center
13. Ageless Body, Timeless Mind 10th Anniversary Edition: A Practical Alternative To Growing Old by Dr. Deepak Chopra
14. Ayurvedic Paleo Diet: The Practical Paleo Diet Recommended in Ayurveda Classics for Rapid Weight Loss and Optimum Health (Volume 1) by Advait
15. Ayurveda Works: A Practical Guide to Self-Healing through Ayurveda and Herbs by Sandy Olsin
16. Magical Beginnings, Enchanted Lives: A Holistic Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth by Dr. Deepak Chopra and Dr. David Simon
17. Healthy Living Through Dosha Healing: Ayurveda by Dr. Sonika Krishan
18. Vishnu’s Kitchen: A Practical Guide to Ayurvedic Cooking by Vishnu Dass
19. Ageless Body with Ayurvedic Ritucharya: Practical and Easy to Follow Seasonal Ayurvedic Regimen (Swasthyavritta Book 1) by Dr. Kanika Verma
20. The Complete Book of Ayurveda Home Remedies by Vasant Lad
21. The Ayurveda Book of Books by Judith H. Morrison
22. A textbook of Ayurveda by Vasant Lad
23. Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing – A Practical Guide by Vasant Lad
24. Yoga and Ayurveda: A Book of Self-Healing and Self-Realization by David Frawley
25. Charaka Samhita
26. Ayurveda: A Life of Balance: A Complete Guide to Ayurvedic Nutrition and … book by Maya Tiwari
27. Prakruti: Your Ayurvedic Constitution by Robert Svoboda
28. Ayurvedic Cooking for Self Healing Book by Usha Lad and Vasant Lad
29. Ayurveda Cookbook: A Personalized Guide to Good Nutrition and Health, book by Amadea Morningstar and Urmila Desai
30. Sushruta Samhita – a religious text
31. The Everyday Ayurvedic Cookbook: A Seasonal Guide to Eating Well and Living Well by Kate O’Donnell
32. Ayurvedic Life Wisdom: A Complete Prescription for Optimizing Your Health…, book by Acharya Shunya
33. Ayurveda: Life, Health and Longevity, book by Robert Svoboda
34. Ayurveda and Marma Therapy: Energy Points in Yoga Healing, book by Avinash Lele, David Frawley and Subhash Ranade
35. Ayurveda and Consciousness: The Healing of Consciousness, a book by David Frawley
36. Perfect Health, book by Deepak Chopra
37. Ayurveda for Women, book by Robert Svoboda
38. Ashtanga Hridayam
39. The Way of Ayurveda: 108 Practices from the World’s Oldest Healing System, book by Ananta Ripa Ajmera
40. Absolute Beauty: Radiant Skin & Inner Harmony Through Ancient…, book by Pratima Raichur
41. Secrets of the Pulse: The Ancient Art of Pulse Diagnosis in Ayurveda, book by Vasant Lad
42. A Thriving Body: Improve Your Body and Your Life with 10 Ayurvedic Habits and …, book by Kate Stillman
43. Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life: Achieving Optimal Health and …, book by Claudia Welch
44. Ayurvedic Treatment, book by David Frawley
45. The Path of Practice: A Woman’s Book of Ayurvedic Healing by Maya Tiwari
46. The Marma Points of Ayurveda: Energy Pathways to Heal the Body, Mind and …, book by Anisha Durve and Vasant Lad
47. The Bible of Ayurveda: The Definitive Guide to Ayurveda, book by Anne McIntyre
48. Ayurveda for Beginners, book by Angela Hope-Murray
49. The Hidden Secret of Ayurveda, book by Robert Svoboda
50. Ayurvedic Encyclopedia, book by Sada Shiva Tirtha
51. Ayurvedic Medicine: Principles of Traditional Practice, book by Sebastian Pole
52. The Power of Women to Heal, book by Maya Tiwari
53. The principles of Ayurveda, book by Ann Green
54. Ayurveda, book by Sahara Ketabi
55. Ayurveda and Panchakarma: The Science of Healing and Rejuvenation, book by Sunil V. Joshi
56. Ayurveda – Natural Medicine, book by David Frawley and Subhash Ranade
57. Essential Ayurveda: What It Is and What It Can Do for You, book by Shubhra Krishan
58. The Beginning: Prepare and Repair Your Body for Spontaneous Weight Loss, book by Kulreet Chaudhary
59. Everyday Ayurveda: Daily Habits That Can Change Your Life in a Day, book by Baswati Vatacharya
60. Yoga for Your Type: An Ayurvedic Approach to Your Asana Practice, book by David Frawley and Sandra Summerfield Kozak
61. Llewlin’s Complete Book of Ayurveda: A Comprehensive Source for …, book by Hans H, Rainer
62. Yoga Therapy: A Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Yoga and Ayurveda for Health and …, book by AG Mohan and Indra Mohan
63. Handbook of Ayurveda, by Dr. R. Vidyunath