Principles of diagnosis in Ayurveda
During the examination, the patient will receive both an opinion on their specific health condition and recommendations for its improvement.
What are the diagnostic methods?
Which manifestations of the disease are taken into account?
• Nidana: causes and etiology of the condition
• Pragrupa – Purvarupa: appearance of early or warning symptoms
• Lakshana: specific signs and symptoms with their clinical presentation
• Upashayaa: diagnostic tests for differential diagnosis
• Apti – Samprapti: Pathogenesis of the condition
Depending on the established trends, the doctor may refer you to prevention, to early treatment of an incipient disease process, or to a treatment program for an advanced disease.