Your joints, knees, wrists have been hurting you lately. From the bad weather, the rain and the moisture, from something more serious? You are generally worried and are about to visit your jeep in a week. If you have this discomfort, of course, a visit to a doctor, or even a specialist, is a must. But in addition, here we will offer you something you can do in parallel and it will in no way hurt you – on the contrary, it will help you.
So – are you looking for agood body massage procedure to help you rejuvenate your senses and refresh your skin? Then choose Navarakishi therapy. It is especially suited for people suffering from paralysis, arthritis, lethargy, physical weakness, stress and trauma. It also helps maintain perfect muscle tone and relaxes your mind.
Navarakishi Navarakizhi(also called Shashtika Shali Pinda Sweda) is a type of ayurvedic treatment that uses a massage to sweat the patient. A mixture of milk and rice is used which:
- relieves pain and stiffness in joints
- also used to improve muscle strength
- rejuvenates and restores body energy.
It extracts the rich nutritional content of milk and specialty rice through their external application, enriched with some herbs. This treatment also provides nourishment and strength to body tissues, including muscles, bones and soft tissues.
The Navarakishi procedure may take one hour or more:
- First, your body will be pre-relaxed with the help of oil
- Then they will let you relax and lie down for a while
- While relaxing, Nijara rice is cooked with milk and herbs such as decoder, mustard, soda and melted butter.
- Once cooked, the mixture is put into cotton bags and used to massage the body. The bags are gently rubbed and pressed on the body for 40 minutes
- The rice is then applied all over the body while still warm
- Once cooled and removed, another type of oil is applied to your body as you relax
To make treatment more effective, some oral medications, such as Leyham and Kashayam, may be taken. This procedure is:
- very rejuvenating
- prepares the individual to bear the stress and strain of their busy lifestyle
- enhances physical consistency
- strengthens the nervous system
- improves the overall appearance of the skin
In fact, the mystery of preparing for this magical massage begins long before you go to the special massage bed.
Ingredients are preparedthat are used to massage the various parts of the body:
- Shashtika Shali– a special kind of rice
- Balamula– roots from Sida Cordifolia
- Taila– Medicinal Oil
- Ghee– Medicinal melted butter
Some effective oils used for massage are also applied:
For SHIRO-ABHYANGA (Head Massage):
- Chandanbala Laxadi– Oil
- Ksheerabala Taila– healing oil
- Lakshadi – oil
- Shatavari – balm
About SHARIRA ABHYANGA (Body Massage)
- Ksheerabala Taila– healing oil
- Sahacharadi Taila– healing oil
- Chandanbala LakshadiBalsam
- Mahanarayana Taila– healing oil
- The broth is then prepared. The balm or root of Sida Cordifolia is rinsed thoroughly with distilled water to remove dirt, dust and dirt.
- The roots are cut into small pieces and placed in a pot of water. The mixture is boiled until the amount is reduced to1/4 from the original. The liquid is then strained to remove the solid and obtain a decoction of Bala Quat (Sida Cordifolia Root Decoction)
- This decoction is divided into 2 equal parts. Milk and rice are added to one part of it and the mixture is allowed to boil. Once the rice is cooked well, the mixture is ground until soft
- Then pieces of cloth cut to the right size are stacked on a table or countertop and small portions of cooked rice are distributed on each piece
- They are then tied into small bundles /boluses /. They must be tied tightly with sturdy threads in such a way that the edges of the fabric are so long that they can be used for grips
- The rest of the broth is mixed with milk and heated over low heat. The boluses prepared earlier are dipped in hot milk.
- Treatment begins with procedures called ABHYANGAM (oil massage), then Amalaki Tala-dharana. The effect of the coolant produced by this procedure helps protect the brain and other organs from overheating
- Navarakishi is performed by four therapists so that the treatment can be kept in sync on both sides of the patient. Boluses immersed in enriched milk rub on both sides of the patient's body, rhythmically
- The application is done in a circular motion clockwise and should cover all joints of the body. The massage starts from the nape of the neck to the lower back and from the hips to the legs. Boluses are replaced by warm ones after they have lowered their temperature. This method should be carried out throughout the recommended time / at least about an hour / without interruption
There are several important health benefits from regular use of Navarakishi, which include:
- strengthening the nerves
- soothing stress
- treatment of neurological disorders
- beautification of the skin
Given that the skin is the largest organ of the body and needs continuous and appropriate care, Navarakishi massage is especially effective in improving its texture, making it fresher and more beautiful.
Navarakishi is very effective in treating:
- joint and muscle pain
- slipped disks /protrusion /
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- menstrual disorders
- nervous weakness
- in addition, it is also helpful in treating certain skin problems.
Perhaps once again the most important thing should be emphasized: Navarakiji relieves pain, swelling and stiffness caused by joint diseases such as arthritis. The procedure energizes and rejuvenates the body, improves the strength of bone and muscle tissues.
Prevents degeneration of joint tissuesand muscle wear, causing sweating and feeling of lightness in joints, soft tissues and muscles. Corrects conditions related to Vata and Pita dosha. Increases joint flexibility and movement. It improves blood circulation in the skin and improves its color and turgor.
Navarakishi should be done with caution. Make sure that the boluses are not too hot to burn the skin. Therapy should be performed under the supervision of an expert therapist, especially in patients with diabetes and hypertension. Treatment should be stopped if the patient develops excessive sweating toavoid dehydration.
Duration of the procedure and course of treatment
One session of therapy takes about 70 to 105 minutes. The optimal duration of treatment variesfrom 7 to 21 days depending on the severity of the condition.
Navarakishi is SAFE treatment when performed by a trained ayurvedic therapist under the supervision of an ayurvedic doctor. It involves the use of natural ingredients and does not cause side effects. However, it should be borne in mind that some patients may experience minimal burns if the bolus applied to the skin is too hot.
It should also be borne in mind that Navarakishi is not recommended for patients with:
- uncontrolled diabetes,unless the benefits outweigh the risk of possible complications
- for patients with varicose veins, fractures, deep vein thrombosis, fever and severe inflammation